Wednesday, April 4, 2018

We Endorse Mike Gibbons For U.S. Senate

Some issues from Mike Gibbons are available on his website. 


Here are some reasons we have endorsed him.
-Jobs : Politicians talk and talk about how they’re going to create jobs.  Give me a break. I’m not a politician, I’m a businessman, so I’m going to be blunt: Politicians don’t create jobs, businesses do.  The only jobs politicians can create are government jobs, and the government’s broke.  They shouldn’t be hiring.  Politicians have already spent all of our tax money on wasteful programs and running up a massive debt.

I have created jobs.  I know firsthand that businesses create jobs when taxes are low and government gets out of the way.

When businesses are freed from high taxes and burdensome regulation and red tape, they will innovate, expand, and grow.  More jobs means higher wages for every worker – when businesses compete for workers, they have to increase pay and improve benefits.

So here’s what we need to do:  1. Reduce taxes and have a simpler, flatter tax code; 2. Eliminate the loopholes that only benefit the well-connected special interests; 3. Create a tax credit for every job that a business adds; 4. Reduce the regulatory bureaucracy that makes it expensive for businesses to create jobs.

I know how to create jobs for Ohio, because I’ve done it.  Career politicians haven’t.  It’s time to send a businessman to Washington.

Tax Reform : Taxes are too high on families and businesses. High taxes stifle job creation and prevent families from being able to save and plan for the future, and too many families are looking for work and living paycheck-to-paycheck.

We need to cut taxes across the board and let people keep more of what they earn.

I support a simplified tax code that cuts marginal rates across the board. I’ll work to reduce taxes on business, and I’ll fight to get rid of the loopholes that Congress doles out to special interests.  

Remember, it’s not Washington’s money, it’s our money.  


The Opioid Crisis : The opioid crisis in Ohio has affected every family.  It destroys lives, families, and communities. We need to understand that the law-and-order approach to the drug crisis has failed.  We need to continue to prosecute hardcore dealers, but we need to focus on education, treatment, and support. 

I believe in solutions.  I have personally put my money into a start-up company that provides a way for addicts to break the cycle of addition.  We have a high success rate and have avoided some of the pitfalls of rehab.  But this isn’t about my company.  It’s about competition and innovation.  I want to see more health care providers join me in this fight.

I also know that there are no simple answers.  We need to work together to find solutions.

2nd Amendment : I believe strongly in our Second Amendment rights, and I will work to protect those rights from those who would try to limit in any way our ability to protect ourselves. Our Founders wrote the Second Amendment to protect our God-given right to keep and bear arms.  They had just fought and won a war against the most powerful empire on earth, as farmers and tradesmen took up arms in the cause of liberty. The Second Amendment isn’t about hunting, it’s about our ability to stand up and defend ourselves.

I’m a gun owner myself, a lifelong member of the NRA, and a member of a shooting club. I will never waver in my support of our Second Amendment rights.

In this video you will see his 10 Reforms he will introduce that have the Establishment (And The Deep State) shaking in their over-priced boots.

College Costs & Student Loan Debt : Our society has failed the next generation.  This isn’t just a problem for millennials, it’s a problem for all of us.  Younger Americans are racking up student debt, and those debt payments have caused many to put off starting families or buy homes.  It hurts our economy, damages our families, and will eventually bankrupt the country. 

But there are good, high-paying jobs out there for those who are willing to learn a trade – either through technical school or an apprenticeship program.  We used to honor the trades and encourage our young people to find a vocation that fits their skills.  Now we send them to overpriced colleges for worthless sociology degrees.  

Every high school should have a shop class.  We need to encourage vocational education, technical colleges, and apprenticeship programs.  We need to do a better job explaining to our high school students smart career planning and the perils of student debt.  We need to provide a debt-free path straight into the workforce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment